It’s never too early to talk to kids about equality. From an early age, we should give them the tools and language to see themselves and interact with the actual realities of the people they will encounter in their lives. This is incredibly important work and something that Lindz Amer does so well.
Lindz Amer is the creator of Queer Kid Stuff. They create media for all kids with queer representation. There is abundant queer representation and resources for teens, but it’s very scarce for young children, so I love that Lindz speaks to that demographic. In this episode, we are talking about Queer Kid Stuff as well as their new podcast, Activist, You!
- How Queer Kid Stuff and Activist, You! overlap and interact with each other.
- How Lindz identifies and the work they do.
- The lenses we put on to clarify how we see the world as we grow up.
- What it means to be an activist.
- The interview that was the most impactful for Lindz.
- The parenting patterns that have made the kids on Activist, You! who they are.
- Why thinking about the long game is the best parenting practice.
Links (affiliates included):
Queer Kid Stuff – http://queerkidstuff.com
Activist, You! – https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/activist-you/id1495721988
Join us at the Parenting Forward Patreon Team – https://www.patreon.com/cindywangbrandt
Parenting Forward, the Book – https://amzn.to/3g0LJPn