Barbara Brown Taylor is an Episcopal priest, teacher, best selling author, and one of the most profound voices for spiritual seekers and wanderers. It was a treat to get a chance to ask her questions about what it means to parent children into healthy spirituality. We chat about:
- The spirituality of her childhood
- What it means to embody healthy spirituality
- How caring for animals teach us to be attentive in this world
- How children show us what it’s like to be fully human
- How to comfort a child in the dark, and what it might look like to not be afraid to let our children experience pain and struggle.
- Should we raise our children in church?
- How to become spiritually multilingual
- And her new children’s book, Home by Another Way: A Christmas Story
We pack a lot of punch into a short timeframe. My friend Courtney says, every other word Barbar Brown Taylor says should be stitched onto a pillow – so true. She’s so wise. I hope you enjoy the conversation.
Links (affiliates included, clicking and purchasing supports Parenting Forward at no extra cost to you):
Get a free family devotional and coloring pages + a 20% discount code for Illustrated Children’s Ministry: https://www.illustratedchildrensministry.com/parenting/
Home by Another Way: A Christmas Story – https://amzn.to/2NKspeg
Leaving Church – https://amzn.to/2Qtssd1
An Altar in the World – https://amzn.to/2p78Eji
Learning to Walk in the Dark – https://amzn.to/2Qt0kXm
Holy Envy – https://amzn.to/2NESYBK
Spiritual Child by Lisa Miller – https://amzn.to/2p5ZyDe
Join us at the Parenting Forward Patreon Team – https://www.patreon.com/cindywangbrandt