Episode 16: Should I Raise my Children in Church – Barbara Brown Taylor
September 17, 2018
Barbara Brown Taylor is an Episcopal priest, teacher, best selling author, and one of the most profound voices for spiritual seekers and wanderers. It was a treat to get a chance to ask her questions about what it means to parent children into healthy spirituality. We chat about:
- The spirituality of her childhood
- What it means to embody healthy spirituality
- How caring for animals teach us to be attentive in this world
- How children show us what it’s like to be fully human
- How to comfort a child in the dark, and what it might look like to not be afraid to let our children experience pain and struggle.
- Should we raise our children in church?
- How to become spiritually multilingual
- And her new children’s book, Home by Another Way: A Christmas Story
We pack a lot of punch into a short timeframe. My friend Courtney says, every other word Barbar Brown Taylor says should be stitched onto a pillow – so true. She’s so wise. I hope you enjoy the conversation.
Links (affiliates included, clicking and purchasing supports Parenting Forward at no extra cost to you):
Get a free family devotional and coloring pages + a 20% discount code for Illustrated Children’s Ministry: https://www.illustratedchildrensministry.com/parenting/
Home by Another Way: A Christmas Story – https://amzn.to/2NKspeg
Leaving Church – https://amzn.to/2Qtssd1
An Altar in the World – https://amzn.to/2p78Eji
Learning to Walk in the Dark – https://amzn.to/2Qt0kXm
Holy Envy – https://amzn.to/2NESYBK
Spiritual Child by Lisa Miller – https://amzn.to/2p5ZyDe
Join us at the Parenting Forward Patreon Team – https://www.patreon.com/cindywangbrandt