Episode 148: Should You Send Your Child to VBS? w/ Cindy Wang Brandt￼
June 20, 2022
Summer is a busy season when you’re in the church. There are lots of family activities going on, childcare to work out, and, of course, VBS.
Because we’re nearing VBS season, I thought it’d be a good time to talk about whether or not you should send your kids to VBS. Even more so, I want to discuss the bigger question of how we can protect our kids from toxic religion. We must learn how to equip our kids to navigate the world of faith and thought beyond our homes and what that may look like in our day-to-day lives.
So, in this episode, I’m going to share all of my thoughts on VBS. Tune in to hear an overview of what exactly VBS is, its purpose and goals, and whether or not I think you should send your kids to it.
- A summary of VBS.
- The evangelical aspects of VBS.
- Why I find VBS to be predatory.
- The genuine and positive aspects of VBS.
- The nuanced aspects of whether or not you should send your kids to VBS.
- How to prepare your kids if they are going to VBS.
- How to soothe your own inner child when your kids start getting involved in church activities.
- How to help your kids spot religious red flags.
- How to be a good resource to your kids.
Links (affiliates included):
Help keep the podcast going by joining the Parenting Forward Patreon Team – https://www.patreon.com/cindywangbrandt
Parenting After Religious Trauma Membership – https://cindy-brandt.mykajabi.com/partmembership
Parenting Forward, the Book – https://amzn.to/3g0LJPn
You Are Revolutionary – https://www.beamingbooks.com/store/product/9781506478302/You-Are-Revolutionary