Episode 131: How to Religious Trauma Proof Your Children
October 6, 2021
This week, I have a great bonus episode for you. Last week, I hosted a two-day webinar on parenting after religious trauma, a topic that you all know is very dear to my heart. We all had such a great time in the webinar and, afterwards, lots of you asked me about a replay.
As a result, I thought I’d share the content from the webinar with you here on the podcast. This recording comes from day two of the religious trauma webinar, entitled, “How to Religious Trauma Proof Your Kids.”
In the webinar, I shared my religious trauma proof system. I came up with this system after years of listening and learning from my own kids. I also learned countless lessons from the experiences of other parents who have dealt with religious trauma. Tune in to learn more.
- What it means to religious trauma proof our children.
- How to prevent our children from having adverse religious experiences.
- Why we shouldn’t keep our kids in a bubble.
- The 5 C’s of my religious trauma proof system.
- Why it’s important to honor our kids’ consent.
- How to introduce our kids to a diverse community.
- What treating our kids with compassion can do for them.
- Why communication is an important religious trauma proofing tool.
- How to coach our kids in communicating.
- What co-regulation is.
- A vision for our children’s futures if they become religious trauma proof.
Links (affiliates included):
Parenting After Religious Trauma (P.A.R.T.) Membership Community – https://cindy-brandt.mykajabi.com/partmembership