I’ve often joked that Parenting Forward is a social justice parenting manual. However, I wish The Sandbox Revolution had existed before I wrote it. That book is even more like a social justice parenting manual.
This week I am talking with its author, Lydia Wylie-Kellermann. She was raised in a family where she was heavily involved in activism and fighting against injustice from a very young age. This taught her to value community and justice work and shaped the woman she became.
In this episode, we talk all about her book and the efforts she is putting in towards social justice. Tune in to learn all about what a difference it can make to raise your kids for a just world.
- Lydia’s experience being raised by activist parents.
- How having a foundation of faith grounded in justice and liberation impacted her life.
- What it was like losing her mom at the age of 19.
- The 3 sections of her book.
- Why she is inspired by parents who are present with their kids.
- How to empower our kids to fight for justice.
- Why sensitive kids inspire me so much.
- The new and continuing challenges Lydia sees in our world since she wrote her book.
Links (affiliates included):
The Sandbox Revolution: Raising Kids for a Just World – https://thesandboxrevolution.com
Geez Magazine – https://geezmagazine.org
Parenting Forward Conference Sessions – https://www.parentingforwardconference.com/2020-sessions
Join us at the Parenting Forward Patreon Team – https://www.patreon.com/cindywangbrandt
Parenting Forward, the Book – https://amzn.to/3g0LJPn