Episode 106: Parenting Decolonized w/ Yolanda Williams
December 21, 2020
My guest today is Yolanda Williams from Parenting Decolonized. Her mission is to help black parents raise emotionally, spiritually, and intellectually liberated kids. She does this by addressing parenting from a racial perspective, considering the trauma black parents hold within their DNA. She teaches them how that history plays into how they parent today.
Yolanda is also a single mom of a toddler, who may make a guest appearance on the show today. Everything Yolanda does and stands for is totally up our alley here at Parenting Forward. So tune in to hear the amazing message she has to share with all of us.
- Why Yolanda has branded her work “Parenting Decolonized.”
- What it means to raise kids with a liberated mindset.
- How Yolanda deals with her own child leaving their conscious home and entering an unconscious world.
- What the past summer was like for her and her family.
- Why it’s so important to teach our kids emotional resilience and when we should start doing so.
- How those of us who aren’t black can help support what Yolanda is doing.
- What decolonizing has to do with spirituality.
- All about Yolanda’s upcoming parenting conference.
Links (affiliates included):
Parenting After Purity Culture Conference – https://www.parentingforwardconference.com
Parenting Decolonized website – https://www.parentingdecolonized.com
Join us at the Parenting Forward Patreon Team – https://www.patreon.com/cindywangbrandt
Parenting Forward, the Book – https://amzn.to/3g0LJPn